Monday, February 2, 2009

Xeric Etc.


Hi,

So far I am not doing a very good job at the whole blogging thing mostly because I am finding it hard to get used to the notion of anybody being interested in what I write, especially since I know that no one is really even aware of my blog. However, I am attempting to embrace the concept of unabashed self-promotion and steady self-confidence...all in the spirit of comics, art, and monsters. So here goes:

I am happy to announce that I found out last December that I am a recipient of a Xeric Foundation Grant for my graphic novel/masters thesis "The Deformitory". I applied for the grant last fall and needless to say I am thrilled and consider this excellent news for "The Deformitory" as well as my current endeavors. So getting "The Deformitory" printed up is what occupies my efforts as of late and I am excited to send it off to the printer this week.

More soon. <3

No comments: