Sunday, October 11, 2009

SPX & Forty Four Presidents

Well Folks SPX came and went a couple weeks ago and apparently i was soooo awesome that I lost my blogging brain and have yet to get them back until now. But here is my SPX report! I Shared a Table with cartoonist J.T. Yost and I think we both came away from it very pleased with the weekend. The fair had a really good "vibe" for lack of a better word as the venue was comfortable and there was good flow. The biggest complaint was how utterly cold the place got on the second day. But if that's the biggest complaint at a convention then that's a good sign.
I met a lot of really cool people, including our table mate to the right Josh Neufeld author of A.D.: New Orleans After the Deluge. I was really struck this time around at how truly nice most of the people you meet are.
Other things I love is seeing all the good new stuff out there and the big pile of reading material which satiates me for weeks afterwards. I regret not meeting more of the people I wanted to but I always feel like I don't "do" enough. Here is J.T. manning our weirdly located table below:





In other news my friend and fellow cartoonist Maria Sputnik has just released her hilarious book Forty Four Presidents co authored by MZA. You can check it out on Amazon.



Oh there's more! So much more. APE is coming up and I have a new mini (mini!) comic, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments: